Tuesday 16 December 2014

Supporting The British Bite Mark

Along with all the usual work in the lab, I have been lucky enough to be involved with The British Bite Mark campaign this year as Director of Finance for the DLA.

The campaign has continued to grow in popularity as everyone gets behind the core message of helping patients to make informed decisions regarding where their dental restorations will be produced, as shown in one of our visual campaigns below.


Apart from the usual advertising you'd expect to see I also managed to get a T shirt made for the mud race events I like to take part in so I could take the message on the road.

However, due to the nature of these events it would only be at the very beginning before we hit the mud that anyone had a clue what was on the top! Maybe next year it needs to be a bandana?


The team at the lab have really taken to this campaign and we take every opportunity to help spread the message to our clients and their patients.

I also Always try to ensure I promote the skills of the great technicians and labs within The British Bite Mark wherever I am asked to lecture on our experiences with CAD/CAM implant restorations.


But in fairness it's not all hard work. I do get to meet some fantastic people who support what we do and celebrate the successes of Great British Dentistry as a representative of the DLA at some of the recent awards.


I don't think I made too bad an impression on the night, but that might just have been because I had Lyndsay to help me prepare for the speech, despite some pre presentation nerves...


It was an honour to be able to present an award for Outstanding contribution to British Dental Technology to Andrew Goodall for all the fantastic work that he and his company, Skillbond have done in supporting UK dental technology, especially in the recent tough economic climate.



It's been an absolute pleasure to be involved with such a great campaign and I cannot wait for everyone to see some of the great work being done by the Dental Laboratories Association, which will come to light in 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment